PROPOSE AN ARTICLE
Coaching World is a dynamic online resource for the global coaching community. We are always looks for fresh content and welcome article proposals from volunteer contributors around the world. Before deciding to submit a proposal for consideration, please review the guidelines, considerations and instructions below.
Benefits of Publishing with Coaching World
Though there are many more benefits than we can list, here are a few:
- Positioning as a thought leader on a given topic
- Advancement of your personal brand
- Professional network building
- Enhanced online presence
- Affiliation with the largest, most influential organization for professional coaching in the world
Historically, articles published on Coaching World have focused on topics* like:
- Building and sustaining a coaching business
- The science of coaching
- Understanding and applying the ICF Core Competencies
- Coaching tools and techniques
- Building strong coaching cultures in organizations
- Measuring/reporting on ROI
- Personal development and well-being for coaches (e.g., health and wellness, work/life balance, aligning your work with your core values, applying Core Competencies in your own life)
*This list is not exhaustive nor restrictive. The Coaching World editorial staff is always open to considering new topics and ideas.
Guidelines for Proposing an Article
ICF periodically considers article proposals for development and publication on the Coaching World blog. If you have an article idea (or ideas) that you believe would be a good fit for our audience, please review the following guidelines before submitting your proposal.
- You will be asked to outline your proposed article topic in enough detail for the Coaching World editorial team to decide whether to accept your pitch. This does NOT mean you need to submit a full draft of an article. However, please include details on the main ideas you would like to cover if your proposal is accepted.
- When outlining your proposal, keep in mind that if accepted, your final article should be no longer than 800 words.
- Also consider and include in your proposal the value your article (if accepted) would have for the Coaching World readership – professional coaches around the world. Why do professional coaches need to hear what you have to say?
How to Propose an Article
When you’ve made sure your proposal follows the guidelines and considerations about as much as possible, you can officially submit your proposal to the Coaching World editorial team by filling out the submission form. To do so, click the button button below. This form will ask for your contact information and the details of your proposal. You can provide the proposal details by either entering them directly into the form when prompted, or by attaching a document to the form.