5 Steps to Create Transformation through Online Courses as a Coach
Do you want to impact hundreds of people every year without losing the magic and powerful transformation of one-on-one coaching sessions?
If that’s a yes, here’s exactly what you need: online courses.
Online courses work for every kind of coach as long as you find a way to transfer your skills and energy into an online experience. Follow these five simple steps to create your first – or second – transformational online coaching course.
Step 1: Identify a Clarity Mindset
Most likely, your eagerness to start this journey is also matched with thoughts like “Online courses don’t work,” “Who am I to teach a course?” “Nobody’s going to buy this,” and so on. The well-known imposter syndrome is hard at work in our minds.
First things first, remove these negative beliefs and get in the right mindset. Achieving a clarity mindset means you are connected at a deep level – mentally, emotionally and spiritually – with your purpose as a coach and the reason you want to create a course in the first place.
It’s not just about growing your business. It’s about the deeper purpose. Identifying and following this clarity mindset will give you the passion and motivation needed to build a transformational coaching course that will stand out from the crowd.
Step 2: Ask the Right Questions
Now that you’ve got the right mindset, it’s time to ask the right questions.
Invest some time to discover the foundations and purpose for creating this online course. Ask yourself these two questions:
- Where does this course fit into my business ecosystem?
- Who is the course for?
It may take time and energy to find these answers, but they will give you the clarity and direction you need to build your course. These questions will also help define what your course will be about and what desired outcomes you will create for your clients.
Step 3: Outline your Ideal Course Structure
The next step is defining how the course will be delivered. There are two main categories to choose from:
- The Deep Dive is best suited for experienced coaches and should be used when you are confident in your ability to focus on a specific topic of expertise as a part of your signature course.
- The Mini Offering is a bit shorter and focuses on a single, specific topic, though it can still create great transformational results. Because this type of offering is simpler, it is easier for clients to “digest” and experience, and therefore achieve the results they signed up for.
Choose the category and structure that will best serve you and your clients.
Step 4: Create Transformational Content
Figuring out what to teach and how to create the content is just as exciting as it is intimidating. There may be so much information you want to share that it might derail you from your core message, which is why I suggest following these two simple steps:
- Define what to teach. Zoom in on the specific topic you want to focus on rather than trying to develop the course along the lines of an enormous topic.
- Write your content. This is where the magic happens! Writing your content means translating the power of your coaching skills into an online course that your students will be able to follow and lead them to transformation. A great way to create your content is with the Moonwalk Process, which instructs you to start from the outcomes you want to achieve and then work backward, step by step, until you reach the starting point of the course.
Step 5: Build Engagement
So, you’ve finished your online course, launched it and already have your first batch of students. Congratulations! What’s next? Once you start running the online course, you need to ensure your clients (students) are engaged and willing to apply the techniques and learning of the course.
A great way to drive engagement is by creating community groups with online platforms like Facebook, in which the members of your course can ask questions while following the course. This also allows you a platform/way to interact with them.
An online coaching course can be just as powerful as one-on-one sessions or group coaching if you put the right elements in place and create a transformational experience for your clients!